Getting Started Guide

Jul 31, 2008 at 7:57 PM
Hi, I am trying to use this project, but I cannot get it to work in my code, or with the sample application provided (TestGSA).  I am getting the same null reference error in both applications.  If there is a getting started, requirements, configuration, etc. guide could somebody point me to it?  The error text below:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at GSALib.GSA.ClientAccess.GetConfig() in C:\projects\GSALib\src\GSALib\GSA\ClientAccess.cs:line 131
   at GSALib.GSA.ClientAccess.InitializeHost(String protocol, String host, Int32 port, String path) in C:\projects\GSALib\src\GSALib\GSA\ClientAccess.cs:line 106
   at GSALib.GSA.ClientAccess..ctor() in C:\projects\GSALib\src\GSALib\GSA\ClientAccess.cs:line 90
   at TestGSA.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\projects\GSALib\src\TestGSA\Form1.cs:line 41
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

----------------------------------------
Aug 13, 2008 at 7:08 PM
seems you haven't putthe GSA host settings in your web config! if you have the client has no access. i.e. make sure you can see the mini box from that machine!
Aug 13, 2008 at 7:12 PM
already asked here
Click to view and if it doesn't work, let me know what your set-up / network is like.
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:26 PM
the web.config did it!  The search appliance works great, now I just have to debug the results :-P

Thanks